Do you consider yourself to be an excellent People Manager, who can engage, motivate, and develop people, while at the same time developing and delivering Excellence in services and deliverables? Can you see yourself be part of an exciting transformation journey across Group Operations at GlobalConnect and in a fast-paced, expanding environment? If yes, we recommend you to continue reading.
GlobalConnect is embarking on a transformation journey, where the current local country NOCs (Network Operation Centres) will join forces and represent a unified Group Operations Centre approach. To support this transformation, we are looking for a manager with excellent relation- and people development skills. In the role, you will report to the Director for Group Operations Centres.
The Group Operations Centres manage events and (major) incidents 24/7/365 on the core network and the IT production environment within the geographical areas where Global Connect is operating. The function also manages physical access to the sites. Group Operations Centres are part of Group Operations with a total of 140-150 FTEs, where all work to ensure a high customer satisfaction and efficient operations processes.
In Fornebu, the team consists of 20 highly skilled network technicians, and where the main part works in shifts scheduled over 24/7/365, and the team is responsible for Norwegian- and partly for the Danish operations. Going forward the Group Operations Centres will focus on functional responsibilities rather than country specific. The team handles incoming alarms and incidents, and current responsibilities include monitoring and troubleshooting of faults including escalation of problem cases and faults that cannot be solved within the team.
In your role as OC Manager, you will be a role model to the OC team. Next to setting the direction for structures and processes, and managing daily people and task issues, the role will modernize and improve performance deliverables. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Secure a highly functional team, including securing the right skills, employee satisfaction, and creating a learning and developing environment
- Contribute to the strategic direction and transformation journey of moving local Operations Centre into a Group function, with compliance to any local legal, security and regulatory restrictions.
- Participate in the Group Operations Centre management team, in which you will be one of the contributors to develop the future strategic direction for the function
We are looking for an experienced people manager with an engaging can-do attitude, and a manager, who enjoys being both operational when needed, and has a strategic height and thereby can contribute to the development of the function. More specifically we are looking for the following skills:
- Academic credentials in Business or IT, combined with strong practical experience from having managed an Operations Centre with what that entails of shifts, incidents, issues, etc.
- General knowledge of the ITIL process framework
- Understanding of the internet/connectivity services industry. A general knowledge of WDM, IP, routing and switching technologies is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing is a must as well as importance to master both Norwegian and English fluently
- The security and data integrity of the network and customers are critical to GlobalConnect and therefore a background check will be done
- Important to have a Norwegian citizenship and having resided in Norway for some years
For more information, please reach out to Claes Nørgaard from Hudson Nordic at ph. 7027 7733. To apply, please click on “søk her” on the top left side of the page. We will look at the applications on an ongoing basis.
GlobalConnect – www.globalconnect.no
We are GlobalConnect. We connect people and organizations across society. It starts with the foundation of our digital infrastructure and ends with all the things we enable. We strive to simplify the complicated. We live by our customer promise - being easy to work with. We turn visions into reality.
We are the leading supplier of fiber-based data communications and data centers in Northern Europe. Our mission is simple: we turn visions into reality by empowering society with connectivity.
Our 100.000 kilometer fiber network and 34.500 m2 of secure data centers form the platform of the next step on your digital journey. On top of this, you will have access to market-leading solutions within network solutions, IT security, IT outsourcing and unified communications. All to help you focus on your core business and growth.
We help public and private companies– from small and medium-sized enterprises to global corporations take the next step on their digital journey and reap the benefits of the latest digital opportunities.
With expertise, experience and ever-evolving connectivity solutions, we generate instant value, enabling our customers to grow and develop.
Our headquarters are in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and we have local offices and divisions in every country in which we operate. This allows us to follow your industry, your challenges and your company at a close range.
Working with us is easy
We constantly ask ourselves if the solution we are offering is the best there is. That is about using our expertise. Once we have an understanding the focus turns to being available at all times. Following those two aspects of our partnership comes speed. Being available experts makes it possible to deliver with speed at all times. And always keeping focus on the most important things of them all – you, our customer. That’s what easy means to us.
Our strength – your advantage
GlobalConnect is owned by EQT Infrastructure which enables us to continuously invest in new infrastructure, automation and security solutions.
Today we are more than 1 600 employees in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Germany. Together we generate a turnover of more than €500 million through our work with all types and sizes of companies.